Stittsville, Ontario
1.5

Have Swann HD720P Wi-Fi Security Camera. After Swann did an upgrade ( supposedly anyway ) camera had to be brought back on line. Involves getting a QR Code from their website and having the camera scan it. After perhaps 50 attempts ( including reloading the software 3 times, starting the process to get the QR code over again more than 10 times and adjusting the camera focus numerous times ) the camera would not register the QR code.

Called technical support ( now that’s a joke if I ever heard one ) early in the day on April 19, 2016. Call centre person seemed to recognize the problem immediately and said they could help. After 25 minutes of “ help “ ( including an attempted “ factory reset “ ) they admitted defeat and said that they would have to get a senior technician to call me back. Time suggested by them and agreed to by me was 8:00 PM my time the same day.

Guess what ? No call. Just after 9:00 PM I called support once more. They had no idea why I hadn’t been called but promised to call me back.

Guess what ? No call. Called support again ( getting monotonous isn’t it ) very early on April 20. They referred me to an eMail that I had not yet seen. It promised me a call from a senior technician on April 21 at 7:00 PM my time.

Guess what. No call. Called support a few minutes after 8:00 PM. Again no idea why I was not called but offered another call back in 1 hour. At that point I said why should I believe anything they said since they had already made 3 promises that were not kept and that they could put it where the sun doesn’t shine.

Support confirmed that their senior technicians were located in Australia – hence a major scheduling problem.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Swann. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $95 and wants Swann to offer any options to resolve the issue.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Swann and swann technical support for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Swann?

Comments

My experience is the same

Ludington, Michigan, United States #1273375

Swann Security Systems surprisingly difficult to set up considering it is sold as a all in one box package.Nothing about this product is user friendly.

Tech support is cordial but the system requirements prevent you from actually being able to use the features described on the box.